Allergon is our best selling mattress protector. In brief it performs better and is more comfortable than other mattress protectors, the reason for this is as follows. (You can choose the size you require at the bottom of this page)
Waterproof - If you want to protect your mattress then the protector you buy must be waterproof, if it isn't then your mattress is not protected. Think about the following.
- An unprotected mattress very quickly becomes marked, stained and unsightly
- An unprotected mattress will become contaminated with bacteria, mould and fungus
- An unprotected mattress will eventually start to smell
- Do you want to sleep on a stained and unhealthy mattress?
Dust Mite Proof - If your mattress protector is not dust mite proof then it's not doing everything that it should do
- An unprotected mattress will soon become home to millions of dust mites
- Dust Mites are known to be responsible for the onset of asthma and eczema
- A growing percentage of the population are, or will become, allergic to dust mites
- Do you really want to share your bed with millions of these tiny creatures?
Comfort - If your mattress is not comfortable to sleep on then you are not going to use it.
- Allergon protects you and your mattress with a unique microfine membrane that is waterproof and dust mite proof
- It is virtually undetectable in use, it does not affect your temperature and does not rustle
- It can be machine washed at temperatures up to 90c and tumble dried if required
- The upper surface of Allergon is a deep pile cotton rich (95% cotton) terry towelling. This is necessary to ensure that moisture is soaked up and wicked away from your body. Avoid mattress protectors with high polyester ratios and/or thin surfaces as their performance will be compromised.
Allergon protects your mattress from the marks and stains produced as a result of accidental spills, perspiration marks and nightime incontinence. Allergon should be used on every bed in your home.
Without one your mattress can very quickly accumulate those brown tidemarks that are visible on an older unprotected mattress. They also form a dust mite proof barrier between you and your mattress, dust mites are a particular issue to a growing number of people. Symptoms of dust mite allergies include shortage of breath, runny nose, red and itchy eyes etc. Unlike some waterproof mattress protectors Allergon is virtually undetectable in use and is comfortable to sleep on, in fact you won't even know it's there. Allergon is recommended for use by everyone not just those with a continence issue and is available in a wide range of mattress sizes from the standard size to the unusual size.